Our Tradition of Success Continues in 2021
Coral Gables, Fla. (May 2021) – Coral Gables-based Colson Hicks Eidson is proud to announce that we have again been ranked in the top tier of litigation firms in the State of Florida. Additionally, several of our attorneys are highly ranked by Chambers.
Chambers and Partners are considered to be the most reliable lawyer ranking publication. Chambers does extensive research when deciding how to rank each individual firm, and they conduct peer review interviews. Firms and attorneys recognized by Chambers have attained a high level of respect from the legal community and other professionals.
This year, Colson Hicks Eidson is proud to have been ranked again as “Band 1” for Litigation: Commercial Litigation, which is the highest band that can be awarded by Chambers. This means that we are in the “Elite” group with a handful of other prominent law firms in the State of Florida. We have also been ranked in “Band 1” for Litigation: Mostly Plaintiffs, along with only two other law firms in Florida.
When reviewing the strengths of Colson Hicks Eidson, Chambers says that “The firm is a very big plaintiff player and has a fantastic team.” One interviewee said that the firm has a “very talented bench of litigators.”
In addition to our firm, several of our attorneys were also ranked highly by Chambers. Congratulations to the following practitioners at Colson Hicks Eidson on their outstanding achievements this year (all quotations are taken from interviewees in the legal community):
- Roberto Martínez
- Litigation: General Commercial – Band 1
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations – Band 2
- He wins praise for his handling of complex criminal and civil disputes.
- “He is an excellent, detail-oriented lawyer.”
- Curtis Miner
- Litigation: General Commercial – Band 2
- He regularly represents clients in high-stakes commercial disputes, with notable experience in jury trials.
- “He is a phenomenal lawyer and the complete package. He is very smart, diligent, and has integrity.”
- Lewis S. “Mike” Eidson
- Litigation: General Commercial – Senior Statespeople
- He specializes in complex product liability cases. He also handles medical malpractice claims and is noted for his experience acting for victims of aviation accidents.
About Colson Hicks Eidson
The Law Firm of Colson Hicks Eidson is a trial firm that has more than 50 years of experience handling local, national, and international litigation and arbitration cases. Members of Colson Hicks Eidson have been involved in numerous high-profile and landmark cases resulting in precedent-setting and impactful rulings. We are a mid-size firm consisting of a diverse staff. Members of Colson Hicks Eidson have held notable positions, serving on the boards of prominent institutions such as the State University System of Florida and the Florida State Board of Education, and holding high-ranking offices, including President of the 60,000-member American Association for Justice; President of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers; President of the Dade County Bar Association; President of the Miami-Dade Florida Association of Women Lawyers; United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida; and Chairman of the Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission.